Today we introduced improved support for runners in strive.ai we eluded to here. We’ve made the following changes:
- Removed the Run Pace threshold type
- Introduced Pace Best Efforts for 400, 800, 1600, 5K and 10K distances (aged over 8 weeks like Thresholds)
- Introduced Run Power threshold for Stryd users
- Added Best Effort and Run Power Threshold achievements
- Added Run Power Breakthroughs
These values are being calculated and saved in your history in anticipation of us applying an improved Factor Analysis feature across all your threshold types (heart rate, bike power and run power) as well as your running best efforts [400m,800m,1600m, 5K, 10K]. The improved Factors feature will allow you to:
- Pick which threshold type you want to analyze
- Select how many weeks of history you want to include
- Filter your history to activities where you had an achievement [1,2,3]
This change will allow you drill down on what variables are impacting your performance up or down. You can learn more about these insights on this post and see your bike power Factors analysis here. Look for more information on this in the next few weeks.
The immediate change you’ll start seeing today are breakthrough and achievements message on Run Power and Best Efforts for your running activities.
This change greatly enhances support for running with Power. As we’ve indicated before, the running power data is in Strava’s database, Strava just doesn’t display it yet. The next change we’re going to do is add Segment Efforts with run power to strive.ai so we can replicate our watts/kg achievements on Run type segments completed with power meter. Stay tuned for an update on this.
We’re also planning to run a process tonight that will calculate your Run Power and Best Efforts for your past activities.
Please feel free to reply to any notification or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you see any data that seems wrong.